Re: 7.0.2 regressions testing on Sparc running 2.5.1

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.0.2 regressions testing on Sparc running 2.5.1
Date: 2000-09-01 21:29:15
Lists: pgsql-novice
ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca writes:
> Is this normal, that it is the same in 2 modules, but not
> the third?

Looks normal enough to me --- that's just from the linker merging
modules together.

My bet is that you are chasing the wrong idea.  I doubt there's anything
special about CurrentMemoryContext; probably it just happens to be the
first symbol the linker tries (and fails) to link while loading your
shared object file.  I'd be looking at issues like whether you have
things configured for dynamic shared-object linking at all.  For
example, on HPUX it's necessary to use a special linker switch (-E,
I think) while linking the main "postgres" executable, or else its
global symbols won't be set up to be accessible by dynamically loaded
objects.  Dunno if there's a similar incantation needed on your
platform, but that seems like the sort of issue to be looking at.