TR: Serial field

From: Francois Thomas <FrancoisT(at)alsdesign(dot)fr>
To: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: TR: Serial field
Date: 2001-07-13 09:00:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Jason Earl [mailto:jdearl(at)yahoo(dot)com]
> Envoyé : vendredi 13 juillet 2001 02:40
> À : webmaster(at)robbyslaughter(dot)com; Francois Thomas;
> pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
> Objet : RE: [NOVICE] Serial field

Jason and Robby, thank you very much for these advices.
I mean it ;-)

> If you are correct and Francois simply needs to be
> able to import data from another source and "then"
> have future values auto increment then that is also
> quite possible.
Yes, that is what I need. And you gave me the solution.
Thanks again

> --- Robby Slaughter <webmaster(at)robbyslaughter(dot)com>
> wrote:
> >
> > And yes, using a recent
> > version
> > of PostgreSQL is a good idea!
Sure ! But I have to use it on a Cobalt Raq3, and PostgreSQL is part of the
system.
The 6.5.2 fits my needs, so I prefer not to take the risk of breaking the
server with an upgrade which is not absolutely needed.
When I'll have some free time to play with my personal site (hosted at home
with DSL), I'll surely compile a recent version..
Best regards from France
François Thomas