Java Test Harness

From: <LSanchez(at)ameritrade(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Java Test Harness
Date: 2004-05-17 20:40:10
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Good afternoon!

I'm Lily Anne Sanchez, a database engineer here at Ameritrade Holdings,
Inc. I'm currently in charge of an initiative to evaluate postgresSQL
for an eventual migration from Oracle and other enterprise rdbms. As
part of our generic testing (benchmarking) phase, we are in the process
of writing a java test harness that will do the following:
- connect to any db specified in a config file via JDBC (and ODBC)
- generate multiple connections, as specified in a config file, running
on different threads
- run a cobination of SQL select, insert, update, delete, sp statements,
as specified in a config file
- measure the throughput and outputs to a file that could be imported to
a table for further analysis

I was advised by Bruce Momjian to send you guys an email to see whether
you've already done something like this, so as to compare our results
and/or minimize the effort that we will need to do to complete this
phase.

Any help or advise that you could extend will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Regards,
- Lily Anne Sanchez
201.761.5905