Re: pg_dump Error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Nigel Bishop" <Nigel(dot)Bishop(at)ioko(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump Error
Date: 2004-06-29 14:16:03
Lists: pgsql-admin
"Nigel Bishop" <Nigel(dot)Bishop(at)ioko(dot)com> writes:
> pg_dump: Attempt to lock table "Foo" failed.  ERROR:  MySchema:
> permission denied

Looks like you need to grant yourself usage rights on the schema
"MySchema".

> If I try to drop this it errors saying the table foo doesn't exist.

Can't tell whether you forgot to schema-qualify the name or whether
you forgot to quote it to protect the mixed case, but something
along the lines of
	drop table "MySchema"."Foo";
is what you would need.  Note that that will also fail unless you've
fixed the permissions problem for MySchema, though.

> Where did this object come from

Presumably, you created it.