Re: [ADMIN] how to find transaction associated with a lock

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: schen(at)graciousstyle(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] how to find transaction associated with a lock
Date: 2004-07-26 16:42:57
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Si Chen <schen(at)graciousstyle(dot)com> writes:
> Thanks for your help last week. I had the problem again where things
> got hung up during a transaction, and it was at the order_header table.
> Here is what the pg_locks show. Does it confirm what you are saying,
> which is that multiple transactions have tried to insert into this table?

It's impossible to tell much of anything from a partial view of the
pg_locks table. You didn't show us the "granted" flag, so we can't
tell which rows represent held locks and which represent waited-for
locks; and you didn't show transaction locks at all, which are probably
where the issue really is anyway.