Re: [Plperlng-devel] Re: return_next for plperl (was Re: call

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: <ams(at)oryx(dot)com>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <plperlng-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Plperlng-devel] Re: return_next for plperl (was Re: call
Date: 2005-06-02 23:20:37
Lists: pgsql-patches

Neil Conway said:
> On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 21:25 +0530, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:
>> I have attached the following seven patches to address this problem:
>
> Does anyone with the skills to review this (i.e. someone other than me)
> have any comments on this patch?
>
> Otherwise I'll apply it in a day or two.

From recollection, my comments were these:

1. the exposed function should just be called return_next, not
spi_return_next2. either SPI.xs and friends should be renamed or all the non SPI code
should be moved into another .xs file.
3. regression sets need fixing, I think.
4. according to pg practice it should be done as context diffs, or perhaps
as one context diff ;-)

The patches appear to incorporate my 'use strict' enabling patch - that's a
good thing IMNSHO ;-) We can handle the custom var auth setting question
raised in my original submission of the feature later on.

cheers

andrew

cheers

andrew