Re: CLUSTER loses nulls (was Re: [ADMIN] Still a bug in the VACUUM)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CLUSTER loses nulls (was Re: [ADMIN] Still a bug in the VACUUM)
Date: 2003-03-03 03:45:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca> writes:
> I'm willing to do this:

I can handle it (was already working on it, in fact).  I had hoped to
find someone who might want to do the more extensive fix, but erroring
out is easy enough.

> - Reject on partial or functional indexes
> - Reject when first columns attnotnull is false and amindexnulls is
> false.

Actually I think it's:

- Reject all partial indexes
- If not amindexnulls, reject all functional indexes, also plain indexes
  when first columns attnotnull is false