Re: timestamp typedefs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Warren Turkal" <wturkal(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: timestamp typedefs
Date: 2008-01-04 04:54:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> Do we really need "fhour_t" and "fminute_t" on top of "fsec_t"?
> This seems like a bad factorization ...

After some more thought: I think that what's bugging me is that "fsec_t"
is intended to denote "fractional seconds". The other cases you have
here seem not to be intended to be "fractional hours" or "fractional
minutes". I'm not quite sure what the right abstraction is, but it
doesn't seem to be that.