Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared lock ob ject

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dorochevsky,Michel" <michel(dot)dorochevsky(at)softcon(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared lock ob ject
Date: 2007-04-21 18:30:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Question: do you have any leftover files in $PGDATA/pg_twophase ?

I'm wondering why the log contains no warning messages about stale
two-phase state files.  It looks to me like the system should have
found the two-phase file still there upon restart, but the transaction
should have been marked already committed.

BTW, can you tell whether the failing transactions actually were committed
--- are their effects still visible in the database?