Re: Calling C++ function

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oliver Archner <oliver(dot)archner(at)bitoek(dot)uni-bayreuth(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Calling C++ function
Date: 2004-08-15 18:27:38
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Oliver Archner <oliver(dot)archner(at)bitoek(dot)uni-bayreuth(dot)de> writes:
> Can anyone point me to example which calls a C++ function from a dynamic
> library ?

It's gonna be fairly painful, since the backend is a C program not a C++
program, and therefore it does not provide any of the infrastructure
that C++ code is likely to expect --- no exception stack, no global
constructors/destructors, no C++ library, etc.  I am not sure how much
of this is practical to load after-the-fact in a dynamic library.

My inclination if you really need to use ImageMagick would be to shell
out to the IM executable via system() (or better popen(), if you have a
modern popen that supports 'r+' access).