Re: Re: SUSE port (was [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 5)

From: <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Reinhard Max <max(at)suse(dot)de>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: SUSE port (was [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 5)
Date: 2005-01-12 13:48:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Reinhard Max <max(at)suse(dot)de> wrote on 12.01.2005, 11:17:52:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 at 08:23, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Not sure what is going on here: why is SUSE not listed on the supported
> > platforms list? (still)
> >
> > it because Reinhard seems resistant
> why do you think so?
> > (after private conversation) to the idea of submitting a formal port
> > report via HACKERS, like everybody else?
> I andwered you that I will do it, but last week was a short week for
> me, and this Monday I had an email from Peter Eisentraut telling me
> that he will add the SUSE ports to the list, so I didn't see a need to
> send a report in addition.

Forgive my admittedly blunt tactics - I want to see SUSE on the list
before we release, and time was short - that's all. If it wasn't for
RC5, no port report would be listed in the docs in the final
release.... It's better to have a SUSE contact support the port than
for me to report it.

I should note here also that SGI have replied "No" to my request for
help (or access) with porting PostgreSQL onto the latest version of

Anyone got access to an HP/UX development system?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: simonDate: 2005-01-12 14:00:02
Previous:From: Reinhard MaxDate: 2005-01-12 10:38:55
Subject: Re: SUSE port (was [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release