Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..
Date: 2005-01-05 15:49:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
"Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net> writes:
> If we want to go all the way, the file should be in Application
> Data\postgresql. The other option is to keep current as
> %USERPROFILE%\.pgpass. But 8.0 is probably the best time ever to change
> it into the subdir (to group the files together).

I was wondering about that.  The current behavior on Unix is

	~/.pgpass
	~/.psqlrc
	~/.psql_history
	~/.postgresql/postgresql.crt
	~/.postgresql/postgresql.key
	~/.postgresql/root.crt

which is less than consistent but I'm disinclined to change it.
If we put all these files into a single directory on Windows,
we are going to have a documentation problem because of lack of
consistency between platforms. Should we do it anyway?