Re: pg_upgrade

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Brian Hirt <bhirt(at)me(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade
Date: 2010-09-28 20:22:26
Lists: pgsql-general

> Interesting. Odd it would report the max 32-bit signed int. I wonder
> if it somehow is getting set to -1. I looked briefly at the pg_upgrade
> code and it appears to put all oids in unsigned ints.

On some platforms, that's what you'll get if you feed a value larger
than 2^31 to atoi() and related functions. I will bet lunch that this
behavior reflects an attempt to use signed-integer input functions on
OID values. You need to check the string conversion code itself, not
just the declared type of the result variables.