Problem setting up PostgreSQL

From: Bill Herbert <wgh8089(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem setting up PostgreSQL
Date: 2009-02-25 04:30:16
Lists: pgsql-general
Hello,

I am attempting to install PostgreSQL.  I downloaded 8.2.12-1zip from ftp9.us.postgresql.org and then followed the installation instructions  outlined in http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org. I am installing on a Windows XP machine with an NTFS file system.  I opened the zip contents from a temporary folder with all internet security functions disabled.

When I reached step 11 in the instructions, I received an error message: "Internal account look-up failure. No mapping between account names and security ID was done."  I retried several times using a new download from a different mirror, but always received the same error message.

I searched for and found a prior reference to this message (Sept 04 2008) but ws unable to retrieve the full message and response.  Can you offer any suggestions for dealing with this problem?

Thanks,
Bill Herbert

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Nico CallewaertDate: 2009-02-25 07:34:05