Re: local_preload_libraries filenames converted to lowercase

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Lou Picciano <loupicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
Subject: Re: local_preload_libraries filenames converted to lowercase
Date: 2010-06-23 21:09:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs
>    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-testers/2010-06/msg00020.php

OK, I looked at this a bit, and the answer is that load_libraries uses
SplitIdentifierString, ie, it thinks the value of the variable is a list
of comma-separated SQL identifiers.  So if you want a
filename containing upper case, whitespace, or commas, double-quote it.

That might seem a bit bizarre, but because of the special meaning of
commas we'd need some quoting rule anyhow.  I'm not sure it's worth
making local_preload_libraries have its own private parsing convention.
Perhaps this is just a documentation deficiency.