Modifying ENUM Type

From: APseudoUtopia <apseudoutopia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Modifying ENUM Type
Date: 2009-05-30 07:55:55
Lists: pgsql-general
Hey,

I created an ENUM type. However, I accidentally typoed in one of the
enum values. It is "apps" and it should be "app". What's the best way
to modify this without dropping the type? I have many tables which
have columns that depend on the type, and I'm trying to avoid having
to recreate all those tables again (which would be the case if I have
to drop the type).

Can I just edit the pg_enum table manually? Will this mess anything up?

Thanks.

pgsql-general by date