can't open more than 128 connections

From: Amir Zicherman <amir(dot)zicherman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: can't open more than 128 connections
Date: 2005-06-20 05:39:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc

hello,

I'm trying to open 300 connections to a database using Microsoft odbc
.NET and psqlodbc. At the 129th connection attempt i get an
exception:

{"ERROR [IM005] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's
SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed" }
State: "IM005"

I know that my db can take over 300 connections without using the odbc
driver because i open 300 connections with psql with no problem. Is
there some config param i need to set on the connection string so that
i can take more connections? what am i doing wrong?

thank you, amir