Re: PostgreSQL, WebObjects and fetchSize

From: Jan Willem Luiten <jwl(at)secondmove(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL, WebObjects and fetchSize
Date: 2005-05-11 14:39:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello again,

When using Openbase in the exact same setup, the out-of-memory error
does not occur and the the results are batched properly. So somehow
the jdbc adaptor for Openbase is able to perform this "trick" in
combination with WebObjects, while the PostgreSQL jdbc adaptor is
not. Yet, WO has no special provisions to work in conjunction with
Openbase.

Besides that, on the TODO list it says under "Performance":

     Allow scrollable ResultSets to not fetch all results in one batch.

Could this have to do with the problem I encountered?

kind regards,

Jan Willem.