Re: installdir patch for win32

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: installdir patch for win32
Date: 2004-03-26 02:45:32
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane said:

> I'm not expecting to see zero ifdefs --- certainly not in the port
> modules ;-).  But Bruce's search, further up in the thread, showed that
> #ifdef WIN32's are sneaking into a lot of modules that probably
> shouldn't have any platform dependencies.  I don't think that's a good
> sign.  We should be working to keep those dependencies localized.

I think it's a chicken and egg argument. Now that we are getting close we
have a better idea of what needs to be wrapped in port-specific modules
etc. (Bruce's count was slightly over - I ran a slightly more restrictive
search and found 193 occurences of #ifdef WIN32 and friends.)

I'll revisit some of my contributed code and see what can be eliminated.

cheers

andrew