Re: SQL99 time zones

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org
Cc: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL99 time zones
Date: 2001-10-12 18:27:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org> writes:
> I'm working on patches to implement the (slightly brain damaged) SQL9x
> time zone spec. This allows one to specify a numeric time offset for the
> time zone. [ ... ]
> Comments?

While this is doubtless a good thing, I'm starting to feel very itchy
about the fact that we've slipped beta a couple of weeks now while you
hack up "one more" datetime improvement. We've got to have some closure
on this process.

At this point I guess the reasonable thing to do is say "Beta on Monday,
this time for sure!". If you haven't committed these changes by Monday,
I think you should hold them over for 7.3.