Re: canceling query

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>,pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: canceling query
Date: 2004-04-19 19:19:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
"Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net> writes:
> I beleive the fix needs to be in backend/utils/elog.c, function
> useful_strerror(). Unless someone either tells me that's the wrong place
> or beats me to it, I'll try to get a patch done for this soonest.

Sounds reasonable.  Better look also at errcode_for_socket_access() and
other places that check for particular errno values.

While you are at it you might want to make sure there aren't any other
unprotected strerror() calls in the backend.  At one time we had a fair
number of places with code like

	elog("barf: %s", strerror(errno));

and I'm not sure if all of them have gotten turned into %m or not.