Re: [INTERFACES] invalid lo descriptorc in begin commit fraze

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
Cc: "'M(dot)Mazurek(at)poznan(dot)multinet(dot)pl'" <M(dot)Mazurek(at)poznan(dot)multinet(dot)pl>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] invalid lo descriptorc in begin commit fraze
Date: 2000-02-16 15:10:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk> writes:
> I'll look into it. There shouldn't be anything in the driver to limit
> the number of concurrent objects.
> Does anyone else see this type of problem (I'm thinking of those who use
> libpq rather than JDBC)?

I got the impression that what he was talking about was multiple
independent threads issuing commands across a single backend connection.
When one thread commits its transaction, all the others lose their open
LO descriptors.  I don't see any way to fix that short of changing the
client code so that each thread is talking to a different backend.

If I'm all wrong about this, I'll crawl back in my hole now...