Re: unixODBC distribution installs newer odbcpsql libs

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unixODBC distribution installs newer odbcpsql libs
Date: 2002-02-05 18:37:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi again,

I see a big problem here, if a sysadm first installs unixODBC, then
postgres-odbc, then update unixODBC, the symlink for libodbcpsql.so will
point to the latest version, i.e. version `2'. The postgresql has version
`0', and version `2' is older and less functional... This is very
confusing. Can we do anything about it? :(

/Palle

--On Tuesday, February 05, 2002 11:52:52 +0100 Palle Girgensohn