Re: ESTERROR

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Guerin <guerin(at)rentec(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ESTERROR
Date: 2006-03-15 16:42:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

Michael Guerin <guerin(at)rentec(dot)com> writes:
> Looks like my problem is back again today:
> ERROR: relation with OID 76511 does not exist
> What's the best way to track down this issue?

Is it always the same OID mentioned in the errors, or are they variable?

If always the same, my first thought would be a corrupt entry in the
system catalogs --- try looking for occurrences of that value in the
catalog columns that link to pg_class.oid, such as pg_index.indexrelid.
The system catalogs documentation for your PG version will show you
which columns to look at exactly --- see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/catalogs.html
(adjust in the obvious way for your version)