Re: Updated docs needed for 7.0

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-documentation <docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updated docs needed for 7.0
Date: 2000-04-11 21:50:10
Lists: pgsql-docs
> Tom Lane writes:
>> initlocation has switches ... look at the source ...

> They also come with this notice

> # These options are not really necessary, but what the heck.

> I think the change was actually to not require the option switch as such
> anymore (because there's nothing else you could do anyway), so the
> documentation could be considered up to date. :) Maybe I can put in a note
> though.

OK, I hadn't actually stopped to look at what the options were ;-),
I was just skimming through Bruce's list of potential trouble spots
as fast as I could.

If you think there's no need to add more documentation, I'm cool with
that.  The point of this exercise was just to make sure nothing had
slipped through the cracks.  Making a conscious decision not to document
something is not dropping the ball.