Re: BUG #4785: Installation fails

From: big col <ckinnaird(at)ozemail(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4785: Installation fails
Date: 2010-02-19 02:32:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Please Note that this problem is caused even with an English version of
Windows.

I tried 3 different versions of PostGres (8.3.7.1 , 8.3.7.2, and 8.4) and
they all gave this same, annoying problem.

The problem is caused by using the first (default) option for the Locale
(i.e. as prompted in the Postgres installation wizard). Selecting a diferent
Locale (e.g. English, Australian) would resolve the issue and the
PostgreSQL\8.*\data folder is now created with all the files.

Dave, perhaps the install script needs to be change, so as not to offer this
Default Locale option????