Re: Correct behaviour of "DROP DATABASE"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: benno(at)sesgroup(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Correct behaviour of "DROP DATABASE"
Date: 2001-02-27 02:41:57
Lists: pgsql-general
Ben Leslie <benno(at)sesgroup(dot)net> writes:
> I was wondering what the expected behaviour of "DROP DATABASE" was.

> Basically the problem i have is that when I drop a database it seems
> to drop only some of the associated tables.

That is *real* hard to believe, considering that the entire database
including system catalogs is physically removed (rm -rf no less) by
DROP DATABASE.  There is nothing left in which table names could
appear, mixed-case or otherwise, much less the tables themselves.

What PG version are you running, and exactly what are you doing that
gives you unexpected results?