Re: Compare rows

From: "Oliveiros d'Azevedo Cristina" <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)marktest(dot)pt>
To: "Thom Brown" <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, "LALIT KUMAR" <lalit(dot)jss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compare rows
Date: 2011-07-13 09:50:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

> Hi,
> I have the following table.
> city Rate flag
> A 10 0
> A 20 1
> A 30 0
> A 2 0
> A 23 1
> A 12 0
> B 5 1
> B 43 0
> C 23 1
> C 67 1
> For every city I have so set the flag as -1 in row which is 0 above the
> row
> having flag as 1.
> So my out would be:
> city Rate flag
> A 10 -1
> A 20 1
> A 30 0
> A 2 -1
> A 23 1 (not changed to -1 as it not 0)
> A 12 0 (not changed to -1 because i need to compare
> it to row of same city. so being last row not compared with any row)
> B 5 1
> B 43
> C 23 1
> C 67 1

There doesn't appear to be any particular order to your rows.

* Yeah, I can't figure out the order either. Why does A2 appear after A30?
And A 23 above A 12? Which column(s) do you order your records by? Does your
table have more fields beside the three shown? Some PK you're using as order
key...?

Best,
Oliver

--