Re: Bug #925: typing error in src/backend/libpq/be-secure.c

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: syatskevich(at)n21lab(dot)gosniias(dot)msk(dot)ru, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug #925: typing error in src/backend/libpq/be-secure.c
Date: 2003-03-29 07:01:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs
> Actually, the docs say SSL_read/write can error needing READ or WRITE:
> 	http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_read.html#

Only when using a non-blocking BIO, which the backend had better not be
doing.  But a few lines of useless code aren't a big deal...

> The SSL_write docs are the same.  I have applied the following patch to
> handle both new cases.  Does this help the SSL test program you have?

Where is the "default:" case to preserve sanity when the SSL call returns
an error code other than the ones the switch knows about?  ISTM the lack
of this defense *is* a big deal.