Re: parallel restore

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: parallel restore
Date: 2009-01-30 19:36:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Latest patch is attached.

Starting to look at this now. One thing that is bothering me is that
if the connection parameters are such as to cause prompts for passwords,
it's going to be broken beyond usability (multiple threads all trying
to read the terminal at once). Is there anything we can do about that?
If not, we've at least got to warn people to avoid it in the manual.

Also, how does this interact with single_txn mode? I suspect that's
just not very sane at all and we should forbid the combination.