Re: FIX: NetBSD/cobalt now compiles 7.2.1

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Warwick Hunter <whunter(at)agile(dot)tv>
Cc: Ian Spray <pgsql(at)borg(dot)minimal(dot)cx>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org,Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>, rmurray(at)debian(dot)org
Subject: Re: FIX: NetBSD/cobalt now compiles 7.2.1
Date: 2002-06-11 18:05:34
Lists: pgsql-ports
Warwick Hunter <whunter(at)agile(dot)tv> writes:
> There was a patch submitted a while ago that doesn't
> seem to have been rolled into 7.2.1 that fixes this.
> It does it by patching s_lock.c to add the set .mips2
> assembler directive. The patch is attached.

The s_lock change is in current sources, but it concerns me because it
seems it could break other mips-based platforms (ie, pre-mips2).  I'd
vote for reverting that change and putting in Ian's template change
instead --- which for anyone not paying attention, was:

> The file src/template/netbsd should have three lines added (similar to the
> current src/template/linux one), so the full file looks like this:
>
> ----
> CFLAGS=-O2
>
> case $host_cpu in
>   cobalt*)   CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -mips2";;
> esac
> ----

Seems to me the template tweak would be a lot simpler to hack around on a
per-installation basis if needed.

Comments?