A note about buildfarm ecpg-check

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: A note about buildfarm ecpg-check
Date: 2006-09-08 04:05:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I see that the buildfarm script seems to be running ecpg-check pretty
early in the sequence. Considering that the ecpg tests are still far
from stable, this seems to be taking away the opportunity to learn as
much as we can from a buildfarm run. Could we run the ecpg tests last?

An even better idea would be to teach the script about test dependencies
so that it could run test steps even when an earlier-but-unrelated test
had failed. But I'm sure that's a lot more work.