Full time permanent opportunity for "Senior Database Administrator",Franklin MA

From: Suneel Soni <suneels(at)universal-sw(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Full time permanent opportunity for "Senior Database Administrator",Franklin MA
Date: 2012-07-12 19:15:40
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Hi,

About us:  Universal Software (www.universal-sw.com<http://www.universal-sw.com>) provides onsite, offsite, and offshore IT outsourcing solutions. With experienced IT consultants and world-class custom software development services, we will improve your cost management, enhance your business productivity, and minimize your software development risks. In other words, your IT, software, application, and programming projects get done on-budget and on-time every time. Contact us today and discover why some of world's leading companies, as well as small and mid-sized businesses, trust Universal Software for their IT outsourcing solutions.

Currently we are having following opportunity with one of our client:

Job Title               Senior Database Administrator
Job Type              Full-time
Location               Franklin MA

Senior Database Administrator

As the Senior Database Administrator you will develop database related features into our voice applications platform and design distributed database infrastructure for multi-tiered data storage, high availability and fault tolerance. You will design, construct, implement and support data warehouse and data mart databases in PostgreSQL for optimal reporting and analytics use and optimize database operations for maximum performance. You will also work with the operations team in performing routine and periodic database maintenance and develop and implement automated maintenance and archival strategies.

Qualifications include:

B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
7+ years experience in database administration
Project planning and estimation experience
Java and Linux experience
 PostgreSQL or MySQL Oracle .

Data Warehouse and Data Architecture Skills

*             Data modeling, schema design
*             ETL process development
*             Practical experience implementing data warehouse architectures
*             Experience with data warehouse front-end and reporting tools
*             Experience with database sizing, server specification, network architecture specification
*             Virtualization experience
*             Data migration experience
*             Design and architecture for high availability, redundancy and fault tolerance

Database and Operating System Skills
*             PostgreSQL (8.x, 9.x), SLONY
*             Red Hat Linux
*             VMWare

Please send your resume on suneels(at)universal-sw(dot)com<mailto:santoshs(at)universal-sw(dot)com> or call me on my direct # 603-324-4030.

Suneel Soni
[cid:image001(dot)png(at)01CC5DD9(dot)410C18E0]<http://universal-sw.com/index.html>
Universal Software Inc.
# 603-324-4030
Fax: 603 598 0739
Email: suneels(at)universal-sw(dot)com<mailto:santoshs(at)universal-sw(dot)com>
www.universal-sw.com<http://www.universal-sw.com>

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Steve SergiDate: 2012-07-12 20:23:39