Re: [BUGS] Error in Makefile

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: nonsolosoft(at)diff(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)thewrittenword(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Error in Makefile
Date: 1999-08-29 20:20:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I believe I have corrected src/pl/tcl/mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh.in's
problems with shell special characters in the values provided
by tclConfig.sh. Try the following version of the script (you'll
need to re-run configure and then remake to get the fix to propagate
all the way).

BTW, there is an identical mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh.in and a closely
related mkMakefile.tkdefs.sh.in in src/bin/pgtclsh/. You might need
to change those too in order to build a working pgtclsh on some
platforms, though I have not heard any complaints about that.

I have committed these fixes into both current and REL6_5 branches.

regards, tom lane

#! /bin/sh

if [ ! -r @TCL_CONFIG_SH@ ]; then
echo "@TCL_CONFIG_SH@ not found"
echo "I need this file! Please make a symbolic link to this file"
echo "and start make again."
exit 1
fi

# Source the file to obtain the correctly expanded variable definitions
. @TCL_CONFIG_SH@

# Read the file a second time as an easy way of getting the list of variable
# definitions to output.
cat @TCL_CONFIG_SH@ |
egrep '^TCL_|^TK_' |
while read var