Re: postgre suoer

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "nabakumar salam" <salamnabakumar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgre suoer
Date: 2008-02-25 15:41:12
Lists: pgsql-admin
"nabakumar salam" <salamnabakumar(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I was expecting that it would not allow removing that super user rights as
> it is the only super user in my DB.

Superusers are assumed to be careful enough not to shoot themselves in
the foot like that.  I suggest not experimenting with things like
"delete from pg_proc;" either ;-)

> now my database is without any user  with super user rights.
> How do I create one now or get back the previous super user?

Shut down the postmaster, start a standalone backend, create a superuser
using CREATE USER, restart the postmaster.  You're always super inside
a standalone backend.