Re: pgsql-server: Fix incorrect tracking of session

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server: Fix incorrect tracking of session
Date: 2004-07-20 02:21:06
Lists: pgsql-committers

Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
>> Fix incorrect tracking of session authorization in the presence of ACLs
>> that contain rights granted by non-owners. Per bug report from
>> Nishad Prakash.

> Is that the pg_dump half of the 'alter owner breaks non-default
> privileges' bug fix?

No, it's quite unrelated AFAICS --- the becomeUser() code was assuming
that no other part of pg_dump would emit SET SESSION AUTH commands,
when in fact the permissions-dumping code recently started doing so.

It does however occur to me that you'd better check if your recent
changes broke dumping of permissions granted by GRANT OPTION recipients.