How to Add User with Select Priviliges only

From: "Bedorf, Paul" <Paul(dot)Bedorf(at)mosaic(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to Add User with Select Priviliges only
Date: 2012-06-26 19:22:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi, I am new to Postgres SQL and have a task to add a user that will have permissions only to select from the database but not make any changes etc...

I do not know how to do that, can anyone provide instructions?

I have the following databases:

Name | Owner |
mpower_dev | mpower |
postgres | postgres |
template0 | postgres |
template1 | postgres

I would like to grant the select only provileges to the new user on the mpower_dev database.

Thank You

Paul Bedorf