Re: logical changeset generation v4

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: logical changeset generation v4
Date: 2013-01-15 16:36:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> On 2013-01-15 11:10:22 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think the only reasonable way to handle this would be to (1) make
>> "make installcheck" a no-op in this contrib module, and (2) make
>> "make check" work, being careful to start the test postmaster with
>> the necessary options.

> Youre talking about adding a contrib-module specific make check or
> changing the normal make check's wal_level?

This contrib module's "make check" would change the wal_level.  Global
change no good for any number of reasons, the most obvious being that
we want to be able to test other wal_levels too.

I'm not sure whether the "make check" infrastructure currently supports
passing arguments through to the test postmaster's command line, but it
shouldn't be terribly hard to add if not.