Re: table is not a table

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ilejn(at)yandex(dot)ru
Cc: mike(at)fuhr(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: table is not a table
Date: 2006-01-27 16:01:59
Lists: pgsql-general

"Ilja Golshtein" <ilejn(at)yandex(dot)ru> writes:
>> On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 11:26:39AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> That's just plain bizarre. Would you try it with \set VERBOSITY verbose
> so we can see exactly where the error is coming from?

> No extra information. Just "ERROR: "ddd" is not a table".

Not possible unless you mistyped it. You should get something like

regression=# create sequence s;
CREATE SEQUENCE
regression=# drop table s;
ERROR: "s" is not a table
HINT: Use DROP SEQUENCE to remove a sequence.
regression=# \set VERBOSITY verbose
regression=# drop table s;
ERROR: 42809: "s" is not a table
HINT: Use DROP SEQUENCE to remove a sequence.
LOCATION: DropErrorMsgWrongType, utility.c:133
regression=#

> The only special thing (and the only thing to blame)
> I can imagine about this installation - ICU patch.
> It was applied without any visible troubles.

Perhaps you messed up the patch, or failed to do a full rebuild after
applying it?