HOT synced with HEAD

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: HOT synced with HEAD
Date: 2007-09-15 21:59:09
Lists: pgsql-patches
Attached is as far as I've gotten with reviewing the HOT patch; I see
that Pavan is still fooling with it so we'd better re-sync.

* Applies against CVS HEAD, passes regression tests except for 2
  expected failures (CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY failure behavior change
  and pgstat views changes)

* pg_index rearranged to use xmin as the index age column, avoiding
  need for a special hack to freeze a custom column

* Many API cleanups, in particular I didn't like what had been done
  to heap_fetch and thought it better to split out the chain-following
  logic

* Corner-case bug fixes, comment improvements, etc

There's still a lot of code in it that I haven't read ...

pgsql-patches by date