Re: pgpool versus sequences

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: mangoo(at)wpkg(dot)org, scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com, t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp, Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgpool versus sequences
Date: 2011-06-01 22:04:58
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> [...]

Attached is a proposed patch to close off this hole. I found that
somebody had already inserted code to forbid the case for foreign
tables, so I just extended that idea a bit (by copying-and-pasting
CheckValidResultRel). Questions:

* Does anyone want to bikeshed on the wording of the error messages?
* Does anyone want to argue for not forbidding SELECT FOR UPDATE on
toast tables?

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
disallow-row-locks-on-non-tables.patch text/x-patch 3.7 KB