Re: ecpg localization

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Subject: Re: ecpg localization
Date: 2008-05-02 23:19:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Am Samstag, 26. April 2008 schrieb Euler Taveira de Oliveira:
>> One of the few parts of the core that is not localized is the ecpg.
>> Attached is a patch that builds the basic infrastructure to make it
>> possible.

> Looks good for a start, but what is missing in this patch is that mmerror and
> the other functions actually call gettext. So currently this patch doesn't
> achieve a lot.

Well, it was only advertised as infrastructure, not a completed feature.

I'm wondering whether it would be appropriate to apply now despite being
incomplete. The patch touches enough places in ecpg that code drift is
likely to be a serious problem if it has to sit around for long.

Ultimately Michael's opinion is the one that matters most for ecpg
stuff, anyway. Michael?