Re: arrays and functions in plpgsql

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Todd Kover <kovert(at)omniscient(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: arrays and functions in plpgsql
Date: 2004-09-18 00:10:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

Todd Kover <kovert(at)omniscient(dot)com> writes:
> v_state[3] float8;

Hmm. I'm not sure what the plpgsql parser will make of that. I think
you probably wanted
v_state float8[3];

(note that you really want [4], not that it actually matters since PG
doesn't enforce the array size; float8[] would do as well)

Also, I think you need to change v_state to v_old_state in several more
places than you did, or else assign v_old_state to v_state up front.