Re: Patches split from 7.3 queue

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patches split from 7.3 queue
Date: 2002-02-23 21:11:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> The tree will get farther and farther out of sync with these patches,
> making patch application harder as time goes on.

Agreed, we cannot wait indefinitely.

> If no one can look at them in one week, I question whether a few more
> weeks will make any difference.

Personally, I'm under a deadline for some internal Red Hat work, so
this is not a good week to ask me to review stuff.

It might be best to bounce all the pending patches back to the
submitters, and ask them to resubmit whatever they think is the
latest version.  Particularly with the jdbc stuff, I think some
of that got applied already.  Also, for stuff that is already
out of date (and some of it is!), it seems better to distribute
the update/merge work instead of putting it all on your shoulders.