Re: ksqo is not valid option name

From: "Dave Hartwig" <daveh(at)Routescape(dot)com>
To: "kj subbu" <kjsubbu(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ksqo is not valid option name
Date: 2005-01-21 19:28:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc
A long time a special optimizing strategy was devised to improve
performance on the types of queries generated by ODBC clients.  Prior to
key set query optimization (KSQO) the postgres optimizer would choke.
In not so recent versions of the backend server the general optimizer
was improved enough to deprecate KSQO.  I guess the ODBC driver has
lagged behind.  So, at least your version still sends the SET KSQO
command.  I believe you can turn this off somewhere in the driver
configuration dialog.  In any case it should be harmless.

David