Re: [TextSearch] syntax error while parsing affix file

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daniel Chiaramello <daniel(dot)chiaramello(at)golog(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [TextSearch] syntax error while parsing affix file
Date: 2008-11-28 16:36:05
Lists: pgsql-general
Daniel Chiaramello <daniel(dot)chiaramello(at)golog(dot)net> writes:
> I am using Postrges 8.3.5, and I am trying to install a bulgarian ISpell
> dictionary (the OpenOffice one) for Textsearch features.

I'm not an expert, but I think our ispell code supports only a subset of
the features that some other implementations have.  So it doesn't
surprise me a lot that some configuration files don't work.  You might
try one of the other sources for ispell files besides openoffice ---
see the links here:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/textsearch-dictionaries.html#TEXTSEARCH-ISPELL-DICTIONARY