Re: Current CVS in a bad state?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Current CVS in a bad state?
Date: 2001-04-20 16:05:59
Lists: pgsql-committers
Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk> writes:
>> CVS *never* deletes a server-side directory.  Read the manual.

> I know but I remember someone (I think it was Bruce, but not certain) did
> a "rm" at the server side.

If so, he should be shot --- that would mean permanent loss of the
history for what had been in that directory.  The only reason I can
see for doing such a thing would be if you'd made the CVS directory
by accident and it had never contained any actual CVS files.

However, given that the directory is still there and does still contain
files, it doesn't appear than anyone actually did any such thing ...