Transaction question

From: kkim3(at)ncsu(dot)edu
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transaction question
Date: 2004-03-30 17:58:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I'm trying to insert new row in a system catalog table and then I'd like
to retrieve this value in one command internally. I started new
transaction for insertion operation and commited that transaction. And
insert operation works well, but I give me server crash error. Could you
let me know how can I handle transactions for insertion and selection
sequentially in one command?

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2004-03-30 18:00:50