data access automatic filter

From: "rcolmegna(at)tiscali(dot)it" <rcolmegna(at)tiscali(dot)it>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: data access automatic filter
Date: 2007-11-10 07:47:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm evaluating the option of write a PG-extension which allow the
application to apply some per-connection filters. This filters work at
table level and remove records which aren't allowed from a select
result-set.

Example:
CREATE CONNECTION DATA FILTER my_filter CHECKING my_table.my_field=5;

A "SELECT * FROM my_table" will only return all the rows with
"field=5"

Could someone tell me which is the PG source files which I could
change?

TIA

Tiscali Tandem Free (Telefono+Adsl). Attiva entro il giorno 15/11/07: chiami in tutta Italia e navighi senza limiti a SOLI 9,95 € AL MESE FINO A PRIMAVERA 2008!
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/prodotti/tc/tandemfree_tel_cc/