Re: Time to remove betas and RCs from FTP archive?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time to remove betas and RCs from FTP archive?
Date: 2010-09-23 17:17:27
Lists: pgsql-www
> I think that the 9.0 betas and RCs need to go away off the FTP archive.
>  They are now obosolete, and are likely confusing users.

How are they confusing users?

While I agree they should go away eventually, I'm not sure we ought to
drop them immediately after 9.0.0 release.  Somebody who's trying to
migrate data off a beta release might need the source code for it,
for instance.  I'd be inclined to leave 'em there for a month or so.

How have we dealt with this in the past?